2008年1月16日水曜日

Essay

Essay
I went to Minnesota in last summer vacation. That was home stay program for a month.
The capital of Minnesota is Saint Paul. The nickname for Minnesota is the North Star State. The state bird is the loon, the earth’s oldest living bird species. The flower is the pink and white lady’s slipper, the fish is the walleye and the tree is the Norway Pine.
I went to Bethel University during this program. I had class everyday. I learned about many things in this class. For example English and American cultures.
My host family was 3 people. Host father, host mother and a little pretty girl. And my host family had 3 cats. My host family was very kind and very friendly to me. I really enjoyed each day. I played with little girl everyday. She was very cute. I am looking forward to meet her in the future.
I went to the lake some times. There are 10,000 lakes in Minnesota. Minnesota has 90,000miles of shoreline. This is more shoreline that California, Florida and Hawaii combined!
Minnesota is the home of 5 professional sports teams. The Lynx(women’s basketball), The wild(hockey), The Vikings(football), The Timber wolves(men’s basketball), the Twins(baseball)
There are most biggest shopping mall in Minnesota. The mall of America has more visitors than Walt Disney World, Graceland and the Grand Canyon combined. There is an amusement park in the center of the mall. There is also an aquarium. There is a church with in the mall and a chapel where visitors can be married!
I went to many place with my host family. I spend very happy time with they. I tried many foods in Minnesota. I especially like Mexican food. So I tried cook the Mexican food with Veronica, a friend of my host family. And we had special dinner with my host family.
Last day, my host family drove to the airport for me. I really didn’t want to go back to Japan. So I cried. My host mother said, “You are my daughter. I miss you.” I cried again. I said “I miss you to.” I had many experienced in this home stay program. So I am sure that this home stay program is very important experience to me. And I could made an American friend. She is very good person. I learned many American cultures from her and everyone who is involved in this program.

0 件のコメント: